The eye is important to the body, it is one of the sense organs in the body and is used for sight.
How to Care for the eye
- Avoid direct contact to bright light for a long time (avoid sitting close to the television).
- Do not read in dim light.
- Avoid putting sharp object or dirty finger into eyes.
- Take meals rich in vitamin A; take a lot of fruits, vegetables which are rich in B-carotene such as carrot.
- Wear protective goggles when working in chemical industries or in places with harmful air-borne particles and also if involved in welding work.
- Wear protective sun-glasses especially in the tropics where there is optimal sunshine.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses for more than 19 hours, this can cause permanent sight damage as well as extreme discomfort to the eyes; don’t wear glasses for too long especially the 3 dimensional (3-D) glasses.
- In seasons where eye infections are common, use allergy reducing eye drop during allergy reason to reduce inflammation and soothe itchiness.
N/B: That chronic usage can worsen the condition/problems.